Do Guatemala offers internships in our company. We´re looking for interns in:
– tourism studies
– marketing studies
– online publicity & social media
Do Guatemala is a growing company, offering travels, volunteering and Spanish classes as main offer. As an intern of Do Guatemala, you will have very different and varied daily tasks.
The office is centrally located in the city and you will get your own working space. These are the activities of every day :
– Website content development, maintenance and translation
– Promotion (social media, deliver photo and video material)
– Work on international sustainability certifications
– Content development for touroperator´s software for itineraries
– Establish new contacts for cooperations
– Develop and upload itineraries for partner websites
– Monitor volunteers on site (visits to volunteer projects, provide general assistance)
Specific assignments can be designed too.
– Minimum availability of 3 months
– Advanced English level and intermediate Spanish level (at least)
– Motivated students of all nationalities are welcome!
– As you will be working in a typical Guatemalan company, it is important to have a general cultural interest, and the skill to adapt yourself to a Latin-American style of working. Be able to take initiative yourself, and to work independently.
– Skills in graphic (web) design and/or use Photoshop are a plus.
We are hiring English teachers!
For a private school in Quetzaltenango (Xela), we are looking for English teachers. The school has job openings for teachers working in different grades. The school teaches outside of the traditional Guatemalan teaching methods. Their philosophy is based on personalization, innovation and ecology, motivating the kids to use creativity and initiative. The school has modern facilities where the use of technology is found very important (computers, tablets, multimedia equipment). The school shows a high level of professionalism, both in their administrative structure as in their teaching style.
The classrooms are relatively small, with an average of 15 students per classroom (max. 20).
All courses are taught fully in English. Books, materials, planning, and other resources are provided by the school, to assure consistency in the kids´ study program. You will also be provided with a uniform.
The school year is divided in 4 modules of 10 weeks, starting in January 2020.
We are recruiting teachers coming from abroad, as well as teachers already living in Guatemala. This is what the school offers you:
* Free airport pickup and transportation to Quetzaltenango
* 1 week of free housing in a local host family (private rooms, 3 meals a day, wifi)
* Attractive payment each 10 weeks in Quetzales
* An extra bonus for completing the school year
* Work days from 7am – 2pm (Mon-Wed-Fri) and 7am – 4pm (Tue-Thurs)
* 24/7 emergency contact in the center of Quetzaltenango, English-speaking
* 24/7 medical assistance
* A great experience by working in Guatemala, enjoying a cultural exchange!
* Availability for a minimum of 10 weeks, for any module during the year (ideally the 40 weeks)
* Must be native speaker or have an advanced English level with fluent pronunciation
* Completed college level (bachelor’s degree)
* Ideally aged 25-45 years old
* Ideally have experience or a degree in teaching / humanity studies
* Ideally having experience with traveling/working abroad and have affinity with / interest for the Latin-American culture
You can send your CV or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.